For some time, the Court of Appeals Standing Committee on Rules of Practice and procedure has been working on a reorganization of the rules dealing with general court administration, attorneys, and judges. We have ready a preliminary draft of the first two segments - general court administration and attorneys.A complete copy of the draft can be found here.
The draft deals with the following areas of the rules:
- Chapter 100 - Board of Law Examiners and Character Committees
- Chapter 200 - Admission to the Bar
- Chapter 300 - Maryland Code of Professional Conduct
- Chapter 400 - Attorney Trust Accounts
- Chapter 500 - Pro Bono Legal Service
- Chapter 600 - Client Protection Fund
- Chapter 700 - Discipline, Inactive Status, Resignation
First, no anonymous comments will be allowed--Use your real name.
Second, make your comments under the appropriate section.
Third, keep to the matter at hand. Please, nothing nasty or scandalous.
Fourth, if you have comments that are more lengthy than is appropriate for the comments section on this blog, send them to me by e-mail in either Word, WordPerfect, or PDF format. Please use the subject line "Comments--Proposed Modifications Maryland Rules." I will then put the comments on the web and link to the comments, with the links contained in the appropriate section.